You know the saying ‘time is money'? Whether you’re working for your club or league on a volunteer or a paid basis - this statement probably rings true for you.
We’ve put together a few helpful habits that will save you time as administrator in the long run.
Encourage your players to use the iPhone or Android app
When players ask you when their next game is or how to get to the venue, let them know they can get this information through our FOX SPORTS PULSE smart phone app or iPhone or android.
If participants search for ‘FOX SPORTS PULSE’ in either the iTunes store (for iPhones) or the Google Play store (for Android devices) they will find our app and have quick and easy access to this information for the rest of the season.
Cut down on the finals eligibility queries
Do your players contact you to find out if they’re eligible for finals? They can already see how many games they have played from your website (see below for instructions), however they also need to know how many games do they need to play to play to qualify for finals.
Here are a few tips on how to proactively get this information to them. This will only take a few minutes to set up but could save you hours in future queries.
- Put a statement on your website on how finals eligibility is calculated
- Create a news article to serve as a mid-season reminder
- Send out an email to all of your players and/or Team Managers on the subject
How can players check how many games they have played?
This information is on their player profile page. There are a couple of ways to get to this:
- Clicking on the player’s name in the match centre
- From a fixtures/results/ladders page, select the team then click on ‘players’ and select the player from the list
Look under ‘Season Statistics’ for current competition or ‘Previous Seasons’ if their team has been re-graded during the current season.
Get more out of online registrations
Registrations are typically completed by this time of the year, however they’re still fresh in your memory, so now is the perfect time to have a think about how you can improve this process for next season’s registration period.
Perhaps you had too many people still pay by cash or bank transfer which resulted in more work for you? If so here are a few ideas:
- Ensure that it is clear on the first page of your form that players should have their credit card details ready to make payment at the end of this process
- Include a similar message on any communications that you send to your players when registration period opens
- Or you could make payments compulsory on your form
Or maybe you simply want to receive your fees earlier next season? Offering an ‘early bird discount’ and along with some new products that are only available before a certain date have proven to be successful tactics for many organisations.
Feel free to visit our Support Centre for more information.