G'day sports fans,
Wanted to bring you up to speed on a wonderful development in recent times at SportingPulse, which is that we've recently signed a partnership agreement with YouTube that will offer all clients significant benefits in launching, aggregating or re-branding existing YouTube channels.
It's an exciting step in our video and web content strategy, as it immediately closes the door on any barrier to entry sporting organisations have in video due to cost, whilst ensuring your video content is integrated with your SportingPulse Website.
Our partnership with YouTube is based on the size and scope of the aggregated SportingPulse network and as such, isn’t available to individual sporting organisations independent of SportingPulse. However, we will provide all advanced tools to our sporting partners that are not available to the base customer, as well as further integration opportunities enabling users to better engage with their members.
How can it benefit your sport?
If you are a club that uses YouTube to show videos – either through a YouTube channel or via individual videos embedded into your website – then you will have option to allow SportingPulse to ‘claim’ the rights to your channel on your behalf and therefore provide you with access to additional features.
Claiming channels means that the client (e.g. your club/league/association) agrees that
SportingPulse can enhance the channel offering with the following partner features:
- Customised players: SportingPulse can customise players for partners, ultilising partner drop zones, use of logos to link to sites (e.g. league to club links through club logos) and other customisable use of these partner spaces (costs may apply).
- Integration with web and mobile: With use of the YouTube API, SportingPulse will better service integrated video offerings with Smartphones and mobile applications.
- Additional control over your own content and the theming of your channel.
- Long play: The ability to upload longer videos (15 minute limit for regular users)
- Large Files: Unlimited video upload file size (2GB limit for regular users)
- Bulk uploading: This feature is not available to regular users
- Zero Cost: No costs associated with usage or these features
- Live Streaming: YouTube have recently released live streaming functionality exclusively for their partners, which is later saved as an on-demand video (i.e. can be watched at any time). The live stream has no limit on usage or views and carries no charge to the partner or client.
Importantly, having your channel claimed does not result in any loss or ownership of your current video content.
How can you get involved?
If your club/league/association currently uploads videos on YouTube or operates a YouTube channel, you are eligible to take advantage of our partnership by allowing SportingPulse to claim your channel.
Simply email us including details of your current YouTube channel to be claimed.
Example YouTube Channel:
The graphic below depicts an example YouTube channel skin - in this case for the Eastern Football League (EFL) channel - highlighting some of the customisation possible under the new partnership:
What about RivusTV and Brightcove?
RivusTV will continue to be our partner for sports hoping to use live streaming and pay per view, as well as being offered as a higher end player/solution which will attract an ongoing charge in line with data costs and any customisation. As mentioned above, YouTube are also now offering live streaming to its partners but at this stage have no plans to release an encoding box, which is the strength of the RivusTV offering to our network.
Brightcove will also still be available to those clients who wish to continue using this facility.